Epoxy without solvents
EP w/o solvents
EXTERNAL COATING AND INTERNAL LINING
Epoxy without solvents offered by V.I.P. Pesaro is a solvent less coating with a high content of solids, applicable without primers. Recommended in industrial sectors, where coating is required in accordance with the requirements foreseen by standards EN 10289 e DIN 30671, guarantees also high chemical, physical resistance and duration over time.
Long-term anti-corrosive protection
- Excellent resistance to corrosion in marine and chemically severe environments.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion under immersion both in freshwater and saltwater.
- Excellent anti-corrosive protection of structures and underground piping.
- Excellent resistance to cathode detachment.
- Excellent resistance to electric insulation (12,000 volts/mm)
Very good mechanical protection
- Excellent resistance to blows and abrasions.
- Guarantees very good mechanic resistance to abrasion and blows during installation, thanks to its characteristic flexibility.
Other advantages of EP coating
Epoxy without solvents coating can be applied with a brush using a special version of the product, it is possible to guarantee coating continuity even for very complex items. There are no limits in the quantity of pieces which may be coated, even individual pieces may be treated. Differentiated thicknesses can be applied in accordance with design specifications.
- Small and large pipes
- Standard and special fittings
- Wide radius bends
- Custom pieces
- Field joints
- Waterworks components
- Hardness: Shore D 87-88
- High temperature insulation: DIN 30671-92 30dy at 70°C; 10^5Ωm^2 (average 0,7*10^8)
- Comparison test at room temperature: 100dy at 23°C: passed according to specifics not averagable
- SURFACE PREPARATION : The steel surface is thoroughly cleaned and blasted.
- EPOXY WITHOUT SOLVENTS : Epoxy coating or lining is applied by hand or sprayed on the surface.
- SHIPMENT PREPARATION : Final inspection is carried out in our internal laboratory when the goods are fully produced, packed and in all respects ready for shipment.
EPOXY WITHOUT SOLVENTS PROCESS
INSPECTION AND TESTING
These are merely approximate values adjustable according to clients’ requirements.
|Property||Test Description||Typical Values|
|Specific electrical insulation||EN 10289||100dy at 23±2°C – 0,8028MΩm^2
30dy at 80±2°C – 1,138KΩm^2
|Impact||EN 10289||5J•K•mm +23±2°C (K=0,85); 3J•K•mm (K=0,85) at -5±2°C|
|Cathodic Disbonment||EN 10289||28dy at +23±2°C average radius 1,5mm, max radius 4,24mm
2dy at +60±2°C average radius 2,91mm, max radius 4,85mm
|Pull-off||EN 10289||23°C average value 9,75MPa; 80°C average value 3,60MPa|
|Continuity (Holiday detection)||EN 10289||25KV passed; 8V•μm thickness-max 20KV|
Diameter from 1/2” to 120”
Maximum unit length 13.5 meters
Maximum unit weight 15,000 kg.
Joints and/or custom pieces: (bends, tees, reducers, flanges, etc.)
Maximum size 3.0 x 3.0 x 13.5 meters
Maximum unit weight 15,000 kg
Maximum thickness of the coating 3,5 mm